Principal & Head Teacher
Michelle Gordine: “Hi!”
‘Miss Michelle’ started the school in 1992 & has a wealth of teaching experience & teaching qualifications.
Michelle has been teaching for 30 years in total, came from a ‘classical dance’ background and has met, taught & trained many different people, many of whom are now teaching, dancing or performing as a Career.
She is also a proud Mum of 2 grown up Son’s and a Teenage Daughter. Over the years as the school has grown and flourished there have been many tests, challenges & changes, the school now has a good reputation and is well known for its high standards and expectations. Miss Michelle is known as a (nice) Task Master who likes to get the best out of her pupils. Her aim is to inspire dancers by teaching to the best of her ability at all times & is still learning on an every day basis ! Thanks and influences: Jack Raynor (IDTA), Michael Jackson (of course) and her Mum.
- Classical Ballet / Tap from age 5 -16yrs
- Theatre Craft / Modern from age 9yrs
- Disco & Rock n Roll from 11yrs
- Various Shows including ‘Stars of Tomorrow’ as Teenager in Londons West End (along with Victoria Beckham & Emma Bunton as kids)
- 1991:IDTA – Student Teacher Training
- 1992:LIDTA – Modern-Disco Freestyle
- 1994:AIDTA – Rock n Roll / Jive
- 1997:AIDTA – Latin American
- 1997:AIDTA – Western Line dance
- 2008:ANATD – Streetdance / Hip Hop
- 2005:Yoga for Health basic training
- IDTA Musical Theatre courses
- First Aider, CRB Safe Guarding / Child Protection certificate.
Additional Part Time Work and Experience
- 1992 – 2002: Trained Dancers for regional ADFP dance competitions (Re-commenced 2010)
- 1992 – 1993: RAF Chicksands – Teacher of Basic Ballet, Tap and Disco
- 1999 – 2000: David Lloyd Leisure – Streetdance classes for Children
- 2003 – Present: IDTA Professinal training for teachers began.
- 2005 – 6mth: Knights Templar School – Key stage 3 teacher of dance (6 months)
- 2005 – 2006: Knights Templar Sports Centre – Streetdance classes
- 2006 – 2007: Sainburys Active Kids – Teacher of dance
- 2007 – 2009: Owner & Director of Theatretrain for 2 years – Performing Arts Centre
- 2009 – 2010: University of Hertfordshire – Teacher for Program of Dance
- 2012 – 2015: Teacher of Dance Enrichment – Hitchin COE School.
- 2014 – 2018: Opened The Dance Pod – Unit opened as a Studio as location number 4.
- 2015 – Retired from teaching outside of FUSION DANCE to concentrate on The Dance Pod